Its a quiz with a bit of a difference to enjoy this weekend.
All you have to do is give the one word answer to the following questions — then use the first letter from each to come up with a rather pertinent adjective to describe our current banding circumstances.
There are a trio of the latest CDs from Black Dyke, Richard Marshall and the aptly names 'Music for Isolation' duo of Rie Takeuchi and Gideon Juckes to be won.
All you have to do is give the one word answer to the following questions — then use the first letter from each to come up with a rather pertinent adjective to describe our current banding circumstances4BR
1. The name of the one 2019 Championship Section Regional Champion who wasn't able to defend its title this year due to the Coronavirus pandemic?
2. The surname of the composer of the classic march 'Slaidburn'?
3. A Sailor's Life in its mother tongue?
4. Richard Marshall's latest solo CD release?
5. The name of a dance that originated in South America in Argentina and Uruguay, or a famous brand name for an orange flavoured fizzy drink?
6. The bugle call that signals the beginning of the day in British Army camps?
7. The Italian musical term commonly interpreted as "at a walking pace"- faster than adagio but slower than allegro?
8. Gilbert Vinter's 'Rhapsody'?
9. And the penultimate variation colour in his Spectrum test piece?
10. Surname of the conductor who won the British Open title with Black Dyke, Besses o'th' Barn, Williams Fairey and Sun Life?
11. The only band to have won Brass in Concert five times in a row?
Answers to each question with the adjective word to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for answers: 12.00 (midnight) on Monday 26th October.