The management team at Huddersfield Town Hall have informed 4BR that the Market Hall multi-storey car park near to the Yorkshire Regional Championships contest venue will not be open over the weekend of the 7th/8th March.
In confirming the details, David Roche, Town Halls Manager, stated: "Please allow extra time if you are coming into town by car as parking will be further away from the Town Hall than the Market Hall multi-storey (Alfred Street) which is currently closed."
Alternative arrangements for parking include:
1. The Bus Station (Upperhead Row) car park which will stay open until midnight each day, including Sunday.
2. The Wilko store car park — although this is relatively small and will fill up quickly. This is free on Sundays.
3. Kingsgate Shopping Centre — although this closes at about 6.00pm.
4. The Civic Centre car parks — accessed on the road by the police station (Albion Street) are also near to the Town Hall.
5. All day on-street parking on the two roads leading off the top of Chapel Hill and Milford Street and large car parks further down Chapel Hill both on Firth Street and at Folly Hall.