There was a very high standard of playing on show at the recent Scottish Youth Solo & Ensemble Championship held at Livingston's Howden Park Centre.
Besson horn star Owen Farr was certainly impressed by what he had heard and congratulated all the performers on their efforts, offering additional praise and thanks to the outstanding accompanist Gina Baker.
The Junior Ensemble category was a three way battle between the talented players of Campbeltown who made the journey to enjoy themselves and all gaining Gold Awards in the process.
In the Intermediate Ensemble category there was success for St Ronan's Silver, who claimed a gold award over Campbeltown A (Silver) and Stranraer Brass (Silver).
The Youth Solo title was claimed by the super baritone player Holly Bennett from Arbroath High School with Iona McFarlane and Samuel Duzinkewycz in the podium place. Bb tuba player Adam Riddiough of Dalmellington won the Junior Solo title from Aidan Miller and Lewis Miller from Stranraer Brass, with all three players gaining well-deserved gold awards.
Rising tenor horn star Andrew McMillan of Campbeltown Brass won the Intermediate title from Charlie Boax (Irvine & Dreghorn) and Alix Bailey (Grove Academy), with a spokesperson from SBBA stating that it was hoped that the ipen classes for the vent would be reinstated for 2021.
Besson horn star Owen Farr was certainly impressed by what he had heard and congratulated all the performers on their efforts4BR
1. Campbeltown Brass A (Gold)
2. Campbeltown Brass B (Gold)
3. Campbeltown Brass C (Gold)
1. St. Ronan's Silver (Gold)
2. Campbeltown Brass A (Silver)
3. Stranraer Brass (Silver)
Campbeltown Brass B (Bronze)
Campbeltown Brass C (Bronze)
1. Holly Bennett (Arbroath High) — 180
2. Iona McFarlane (Carnoustie High) — 177
3. Samuel Duzinkewycz (Tullis Russell) — 175
4. Carole Ednie (the cooperation band) — 174
5. Gavin Lee (Carnoustie High) — 172
6. Siobhan Crumlish (Riverside Youth) — 166
1. Adam Riddiough (Dalmellington) (Gold)
2. Aidan Miller (Stranraer Brass) (Gold)
3. Lewis Miller (Stranraer Brass) (Gold)
Eliza Bevan (Berwickshire High (Silver)
Charlie Colville (Campbeltown Brass) (Silver)
Robert Riddiough (Dalmellington) (Silver)
Libby Hamilton (Tullis Russell Community) (Bronze)
Adam Maylin (Dunfermline Town) (Bronze)
Shaun Pyman (Bronze)
1. Andrew McMillan (Campbeltown Brass)
2. Charlie Boax (Irvine & Dreghorn)
3. Alix Bailey (Grove Academy)
Jack Campbell (Campbeltown Brass)
Morgan Cooper (Dunfermline Town)
Cameron Hamilton (Dysart Colliery)
Thomas Kobine (Grove Academy )
Sophie McCulloch (Stranraer Brass)
Elite McFarlane (Carnoustie High)
John Oliver (Galashiels Academy)
Kyle Paterson (Campbeltown Brass)
Roman Scott (Tullis Russell)
Andrew Wilson (St. Ronan's Silver)